Engineer-in-Training - Roadway (HOU)
Location:Houston, TX |Minimum Experience:0-4 years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Engineer-in-Training to join our Roadway Team in Houston, TX.
This individual will perform roadway design on TxDOT highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Roadway Task Leader. They may also work with others on civil design assignments as well. Preferably, this person is familiar with the TxDOT Specifications and TxDOT Roadway Design Manual.
The primary duties of the Engineer-in-Training is to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software with assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design highway improvements.
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Work on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Texas Engineer-in-Training, or ability to acquire within 3 months.
- Minimum 0-4 years of experience.
- Experience in TxDOT or transportation related projects is preferred.
- Proficient with MicroStation, GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads is preferred.
- Experienced with AutoCAD: Civil 3D or Similar design software is a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.