IT Support Co-op Position
Location:Dallas, TX |Minimum Experience:0+ years
IEA Inc., a growing Professional Services Engineering Firm located in far North Dallas, has an opportunity for a co-op student that is interested in a career as an IT Support Specialist. You will work directly with the IT Manager to assist with implementing IT changes across the company and as a direct hands-on technology resource for projects in the various offices. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing IT department with a lot of room to learn new technologies and work directly with end users on trouble shooting issues. The ideal candidate is eager to learn, has strong troubleshooting skills, an aptitude for technology and has good customer service skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Looking to begin a career in IT Support or in a IT Generalist position
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of company employees Willingness to learn new technologies and research as new challenges arise in the IT department
- Ability to maintain professionalism when dealing with difficult, time sensitive issues
- Ability to lift, up to 30lbs (desktops, networking equipment, etc.)
- Work directly with IT Manager to assist with implementing system changes including infrastructure, IT security, and networking related projects
- Act as on-site hands for PC hardware troubleshooting, new PC deployments, infrastructure, networking, and IT security changes
- Assist all employees with basic IT troubleshooting steps and assist Managed Service Provider with on-site issues such as adding machines to the domain, applying changes to VOIP phones, getting basic network information, and installing specific software
- Assist with maintaining and documenting company hardware and software inventory
- High School Graduate
- Associates Degree (or in progress) in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent
- IT Support or Help Desk Support experience
- CompTIA A+ certification
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.