Location:Texas |Minimum Experience:0+ years
IEA Inc. is currently looking for qualified Engineering Interns to join our team in Texas. We have Internship opportunities available in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston.
These individuals will perform roadway, H&H, and traffic design on highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Task Leader.
The primary duties of the Engineering Intern are to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software with assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design highway improvements.
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Work on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Work well among a team of other engineers and managers/task leaders to assist in projects.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals are a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Currently enrolled within an ABET-accredited college or university.
- Minimum 0+ years of experience.
- Experience in TxDOT or transportation-related projects is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with MicroStation, GEOPAK, and/or OpenRoads is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD: Civil 3D or Similar design software is a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.