Project Manager - Aviation (AUS)
Location:Austin, TX |Minimum Experience:10+ years
IEA Inc. is seeking a Project Manager – Aviation to join our Aviation Team in Austin, Texas.
This individual will direct and coordinate aviation engineering projects for IEA statewide. This will include managing a wide array of aviation projects with commercial and general aviation clients. This individual will collaborate and coordinate with multi-discipline design engineers and technicians.
This individual will also perform outreach and marketing to obtain work from commercial and general aviation clients.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design and manage aviation projects.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Identify discrepancies in results.
- Provide guidance to a team of engineers and designers.
- Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Preparation and implementation of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and regular interaction with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Responsive and consistent in communications.
- Travel will be required with occasional overnight stays.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program with major course work in Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in civil engineering, preferably with aviation project experience
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months if licensed in another state.
- Texas Aviation experience is a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver's license in the State of Texas.
- Proficient in design software packages such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, aviation specialty programs
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.