Project Engineer - Bridge (HOU)
Location:Houston, TX |Minimum Experience:5+ years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Project Engineer to join our Bridge Team in Houston, TX.
This individual will perform bridge design on TxDOT highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Roadway Task Leader. They may also work with others on civil design assignments as well. Preferably, this person is familiar with the TxDOT Specifications and TxDOT Roadway Design Manual.
The primary duties of the Project Engineer is to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software with occasional assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Development of bridge drawings and specifications and coordination with roadway engineers.
- Perform structural design assignments requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Registered Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Minimum 5+ years of structural/bridge experience.
- Experience in TxDOT or transportation related bridge and retaining wall projects is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation is required.
- GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads experience is preferred.
- Experienced with AutoCAD: Civil 3D or Similar design software is a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.