Bridge Professional Engineer
Location:Houston, TX |Minimum Experience:5+ years
IEA, Inc. currently has an opening for a Bridge Professional Engineer (PE) to join our team in Houston, TX.
The primary duties of the Professional Engineer is to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software with occasional assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Development of bridge drawings and specifications and coordination with roadway engineers.
- Provide technical response in development of proposals.
- Perform structural design assignments requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- 5+ years’ experience in structural/bridge design.
- Registered Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and Microsoft Office software required.
- GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads experience preferred.
- TxDOT Bridges.
- TxDOT Retaining Wall layouts.
- ProjectWise experience a plus.
- 3D is a plus.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.