Transportation Practice Leader/Office Manager (AUS)
Location:Austin, TX |Minimum Experience:20+ years
IEA Inc. is seeking a Transportation Practice Leader/Office Manager to join our Transportation Team in Austin, TX.
This individual will provide strong local leadership to a team of engineers and designers on transportation projects; satisfy project and customer requirements, technical standards, and adherence to quality standards, procedures, and protocols; and provide technical support, mentoring, and development of professional staff.
The salary for this position is commiserate with experience level and benefits include a company car and annual bonus.
- Collaborate with our office and state leaders to grow IEA’s transportation practice in Texas with a primary focus on Austin clients.
- Connect / cross-market other discipline services and solutions. Support other disciplines that have existing client relationships and leverage those relationships for growth opportunities.
- Develop and maintain client, stakeholder, and teaming partner relationships.
- Work closely with the IEA Leadership Team in pursuit-identification and strategies, agency and public outreach, and allocation/management of technical resources.
- Identify and leverage partnership opportunities, build knowledge in federal, state, and local government relations protocol and processes, and develop strategic relationships with key elected officials, industry leaders, agency management leaders and colleague firms through collaboration with IEA’s Business Development team.
- Become an active participant in local professional organizations and work towards securing a leadership role on Board(s) or Committee(s).
- Utilize strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, as well as problem-solving abilities, in this highly visible position.
- Lead project delivery on key pursuits through the provision of technical direction and oversight to the design team; oversight of fiscal management relative to scope, schedule, and budget; promote adherence to client management, implementation of quality control processes and appropriate level of delegation to, and oversight of, key supporting staff.
- Identify potential business development opportunities that address an industry challenge; brings recognition to IEA on a local and regional basis; and helps to maintain and expand IEA’s Transportation presence in Texas.
- Lead proposal, interview, fee development and negotiations for various key project pursuits.
- Build relationships with other key managers companywide.
- Refresh past knowledge and stay apprised of current representative services and projects for IEA in Civil, Structural, Drainage/H&H, Traffic, and Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI).
- Recruit and attract individuals to IEA and help build team members’ careers.
- Collaborate with the IEA Leadership team regarding staff assignments, workshare, mentorship, business pursuits, and feedback on quality of project deliverables.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- 20+ years of working experience related to transportation projects is required, preferably in Texas.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to generate business opportunities with existing and prospective clients predominately in the Texas market.
- Proven relationships with TxDOT, regional transportation authorities, and municipal clients.
- Knowledge of TxDOT design, construction, and administration procedures.
- TxDOT Precertifications in key categories.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel between 25-50%.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
- Proficiency with Project Financial Reporting System is preferred.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.