Municipal Professional Engineer (AUS)
Location:Austin, TX |Minimum Experience:6-10 years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Municipal Professional Engineer to join our Team in Austin, TX.
This individual will direct and coordinate city engineering projects and develop a Municipal Team for IEA’s Austin Office. This will include performing outreach and marketing to obtain work from local municipalities and participating in a variety of professional meetings and conferences.
The primary design duties of the Municipal Professional Engineer will be to perform professional civil engineering for municipal engineering projects, which includes design of roadway, drainage, utility, water and sanitary sewer projects. They may also work with others on civil design assignments as well. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design city engineering projects.
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Identify discrepancies in results.
- Provide guidance to entry level engineers.
- Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Prepare project designs related to municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Preparation and implementation of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and regular interaction with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program with major course work in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered Professional Engineer within or related to the area of assigned responsibility required.
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months if licensed in another state.
- Texas municipalities experience is a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver's license in the State of Texas.
- Roadway, Drainage and Water/Wastewater pipeline design, management and construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation is required.
- GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads experience is preferred.
- Experienced with AutoCAD: Civil 3D or Similar design software is a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.