Construction Inspector I
Location:Texas |Minimum Experience:0-5 years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Construction Inspector I to join our team in Texas.
Applicants should have experience in construction inspection with an emphasis on transportation projects. The position requires basic familiarity with a broad spectrum of materials, methods, and processes used in the construction of transportation projects.
The Construction Inspector I will receive supervision and support from one or more senior field personnel.
- 0-5 years of construction inspection experience, to include roadway (earthwork, subgrade, base, concrete and
asphalt pavement, drainage, lighting, guiderail and striping for rehabilitation/new) and/or bridge (drilled shafts,
driven piles, reinforcing steel, structural concrete, and bridge decks) elements.
- Appreciable knowledge of TxDOT construction specifications and standard drawings.
- Appreciable knowledge of construction materials, methods and procedures; ability to maintain field and office
records; ability to perform quantity and engineering computations; ability to read and interpret plans and
- Ability to perform field inspections and materials testing, to verify the quality of work performed and materials
used for conformance with the contract, plans, and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and project documents.
- Ability to document deficiencies and deviations from plans.
- Ability to provide general office administration and preparing a daily work report, change orders and pay
- Ability to recognize that a problem exists in their area(s) of responsibility, report on the problem, and work with
the contractor to achieve compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Ability to determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiar with a personal computer and iPad functions and uses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license and driving record in good standing
- Will be expected to work hours other than M-F 8-5 and in inclement weather
- Must be able to stand/sit/walk and lift up to 40lbs to perform required duties
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.