Project Engineer - Roadway (HOU)
Location:Houston, TX |Minimum Experience:5+ years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Project Engineer to join our Roadway Team in Houston, TX.
This individual will perform roadway design on TxDOT highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Roadway Task Leader. They may also work with others on civil design assignments as well. Preferably, this person is familiar with the TxDOT Specifications and TxDOT Roadway Design Manual.
The primary duties of the Professional Engineer will be to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software with occasional assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design highway improvements.
- Perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Identify discrepancies in results.
- Provide guidance to entry level engineers.
- Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Preparation and implementation of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and regular interaction with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience related to civil engineering for highway/roadway projects is required.
- TxDOT highway or Texas municipalities experience is a plus.
- TxDOT Roadway Design, including Schematic Design.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation is required.
- GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads experience is preferred.
- Experienced with AutoCAD: Civil 3D or Similar design software is a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.