Project Engineer - Roadway (DAL)
Location:Dallas, TX |Minimum Experience:5+ years
IEA Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer - Roadway to join our team in Dallas, TX.
This individual should be someone that wants to be part of a growing Engineering Firm and have the chance to excel in a team environment with limitless growth potential. The candidate will perform Roadway Design on a variety of projects as part of a team under the guidance of Senior Engineers. The candidate will also have opportunities to serve in a Deputy Project Manager role to support the successful delivery of simultaneous project assignments.
Projects will vary from large TxDOT Interstates, to Municipal roadways, and will involve close collaboration with other designers, disciplines, engineering companies, and clients.
The primary duties of the Project Engineer – Roadway will be to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software in collaboration with other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations, inspections and mentorship of younger engineers.
- Prepares project designs related to transportation and municipal projects.
- Works on detailed and/or routine engineering assignments.
- Seeks innovative solutions to unique problems.
- Performs quality reviews of discipline specific plans, specifications and estimates and cross-discipline designs to identify clashes.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Prepares technical documents.
- Participates in client meetings and effectively communicates with clients, subconsultants and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- An attitude and commitment to actively participate in our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- 5+ years’ of working experience related to civil engineering for highway/roadway projects required.
- TxDOT highway or Texas municipalities experience a plus.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and Microsoft Office software required.
- GEOPAK, InRoads and/or OpenRoads experience.
- TxDOT Roadway Design, including Schematic Design, a plus.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.