Transportation Drainage Engineer (DAL)
Location:Dallas, TX |Minimum Experience:5+ years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Transportation Drainage Engineer to join our team in Dallas, TX.
This individual will perform drainage design on TxDOT highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Drainage Task Leader. They may also work with others on drainage design assignments as well. Preferably, this person is familiar with the TxDOT Specifications and TxDOT Hydraulic Design Manual. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
Primary responsibilities will include development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design highway drainage improvements.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis of bridges, culverts, storm drains, inlets, ditches, and related stormwater drainage analysis and design, drainage impact analysis, and scour studies.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation, drainage, and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents including drainage reports, bridge hydraulic reports, and scour reports.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals.
- Preparation and implementation of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and regular interaction with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Licensed Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 1 year.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience related to drainage engineering for highway/roadway projects required.
- TxDOT highway drainage or Texas municipalities experience a plus.
- Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, GEOPAK Drainage, Inroads, OpenRoads or similar 3D stormwater modeling preferred.
- Experienced with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, XP-SWMM, HY-8, and other comparable software a plus.
- Experienced with ArcGIS Software (3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, and HEC-GeoRAS) a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.