Engineer-in-Training - Roadway, H&H, Traffic (DAL)
Location:Dallas, TX |Minimum Experience:0-3 years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for an Engineer-in-Training to join our team in Dallas, TX.
This individual will perform roadway, H&H, and traffic design on highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Roadway Task Leader. Preferably, this person is familiar with TxDOT Specifications and TxDOT Design Manuals.
The primary duties of the Engineer-in-Training is to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software with assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design highway improvements.
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Work on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Texas Engineer-in-Training, or ability to acquire within 3 months.
- Minimum 0-3 years of experience.
- Experience in TxDOT or transportation related projects is preferred.
- Proficiency with MicroStation, GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads is preferred.
- Experienced with AutoCAD: Civil 3D or Similar design software is a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.