Project Engineer - Roadway (DAL)
Location:Dallas, TX |Minimum Experience:5+ years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Project Engineer - Roadway to join our team in Dallas, TX.
This individual will perform roadway design on TxDOT highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Roadway Task Leader. They may also work with others on civil design assignments as well. Preferably, this person is familiar with the TxDOT Specifications and TxDOT Roadway Design Manual.
The primary duties of the Professional Engineer will be to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and estimates using engineering software with assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design highway improvements.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Preparation and implementation of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and regular interaction with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- 5+ years’ of working experience related to civil engineering for highway/roadway projects required.
- TxDOT highway or Texas municipalities experience a plus.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and Microsoft Office software required.
- GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads experience.
- TxDOT Roadway Design, including Schematic Design.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.