Location:Fort Worth, TX |Minimum Experience:10
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Resident Engineer to join our team in Fort Worth, TX.
The candidate will be responsible for overall field management of IEA’s contract, administration and coordination on mid to large size projects of a diverse and complex nature. Monitors activities of assigned staff for conformance with contractual requirements. Provides technical leadership for complex or unique assignments. Reviews drawings, specifications, and installation procedures for constructability. May recommend changes to design. Represents projects at meetings and conferences.
The Resident Engineer should reflect IEA’s ideals and ethical values at all times.
- Reads and interprets complex contract documents.
- Monitors Contractor progress and compares with reviewed Progress Schedule.
- Provides guidance and training to inspection staff. Mentors and trains staff.
- Collects data to brief Client on project issues and provides possible resolutions.
- Reviews and drafts responses to Contractors correspondence as required.
- Prepares Summary Inspection Report of Daily Activities.
- Inspects construction methods and workmanship to ensure contractors comply with plans, specifications and contract requirements.
- Inspects roadways and evaluates road conditions.
- Monitors audits of monthly and final estimates change orders, supplemental agreements, and extra work orders; reviews monthly and final estimates prior to submittal.
- Performs complex data collection, evaluations, analyses, studies, inspections, forecasts, assessments, and/or plan development.
- Responds to public concerns regarding construction and provides or recommends correct, cost effective solutions to issues raised during the administration of a construction project.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Employees at this level perform work independently on assignments; however all unusual issues are referred to the supervisor.
- Participate in the procurement process.
- Support and maintain the morale, welfare, professional development, training and work-life balance of all assigned staff.
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures, practices, rules.
- Serves as an example of proper conduct.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- 10+ years of progressive experience as a Resident Engineer on multi-disciplinary transportation construction projects, including all aspects of Roadway and Bridge construction with experience on transportation agency projects such as TXDOT, NTTA or other Toll agencies, Counties or Municipalities. Experience requirements may include assignments prior to Licensure.
- Registered Texas Professional Engineer Required
- Knowledge of TxDOT SiteManager Software Preferred
- Knowledge of P6 or other Scheduling Software Preferred
- Supervisor Training Preferred
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.