Water Resources Engineer-in-Training
Location:USA – TX – Dallas |Minimum Experience:1-3 years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Water Resources Engineer-in-Training to join our team in Dallas, TX.
The primary duties of the Water Resources Engineer-in-Training are to produce hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and studies, engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, technical specifications, and estimates using engineering software with assistance from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Prepare drainage reports for watershed studies, drainage impact studies, bridge hydraulic analysis, and scour analysis. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis of bridges, culverts, stormwater drainage analysis and design, drainage impact analysis, scour studies.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation, drainage, and municipal projects.
- Prepare technical documents including drainage reports, bridge hydraulic reports, and scour reports.
- Prepare progress reports, schedules, scope, and fee estimates. Monitor the overall progress of the project.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Texas Engineer-in-Training, or ability to acquire within 3 months.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience in TxDOT or transportation related projects is preferred.
- Proficient with MicroStation and GEOPAK Drainage is preferred.
- Experienced with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, XP-SWMM, HY-8, and other comparable software.
- Experienced with ArcGIS Software (3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, and HEC-GeoRAS).
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.