Construction Inspector II
Location:USA – TX – Dallas / Fort Worth |Minimum Experience:5-10 years
IEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Construction Inspector II to join our team in Dallas or Fort Worth, TX.
Applicants should have experience in construction inspection with an emphasis on transportation projects. The position requires basic familiarity with a broad spectrum of materials, methods, and processes used in the construction of transportation projects. The Construction Inspector II will receive supervision and support from one or more senior field personnel, while beginning to perform supervision for subordinate inspection staff.
- 5-10 years of construction inspection experience, to include roadway (earthwork, subgrade, base, concrete and asphalt pavement, drainage, lighting, guiderail and striping for rehabilitation/new) and/or bridge (drilled shafts, driven piles, reinforcing steel, structural concrete, and bridge decks) elements.
- Considerable knowledge of TxDOT construction specifications and standard drawings.
- Considerable knowledge of construction materials, methods and procedures; ability to maintain field and office records; ability to perform complex quantity and engineering computations; ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Ability to independently perform field inspections and materials testing, to verify the quality of work performed and materials used for conformance with the contract, plans, and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and project documents.
- Ability to document deficiencies and deviations from plans.
- Ability to provide general office administration and preparing a daily work report, change orders and pay estimates
- Familiar with contractor submittals and Requests for Information.
- Ability to recognize that a problem exists in their area(s) of responsibility, report on the problem, and work with the contractor to achieve compliance with the plans and specification.
- Ability to determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Manage multiple concurrent inspection assignments on a single project.
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiar with a personal computer and iPad functions and uses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license and driving record in good standing
- Will be expected to work hours other than M-F 8-5 and in inclement weather
- Must be able to stand/sit/walk and lift up to 40lbs to perform required duties
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- ACI Grade I certification
- HMAC Level IB certification
- TxDOT ENV 103 and ENV 300 certifications
- NICET II or III certifications in soils, asphalt, or concrete
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.