Professional Services Billing Associate II
Location:USA – TX – Dallas |Minimum Experience:3+ years
Established in 2008, IEA Inc. has developed into one of Texas' premier small business civil engineering professional services firms. Our employee-owned company operates today from offices throughout the State of Texas.
Our Professional Services Team in Dallas, Texas, seeks an exceptional candidate for an experienced Billing Associate II. This position performs various accounting activities that include, but are not limited to, auditing invoices for correct billing, analyzing and verifying information accuracy to process/file according to established procedures, as well as preparing reports and other correspondence as requested. Works independently with minimal supervision and is expected to investigate and extract information from company resources and Project Managers. Follows all processes and procedures required by company and business unit established procedures. Performs ancillary duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compares internal billing data and contractor invoices to contracts to verify hours, rates and billable expenses as appropriate for billing to clients.
- Prepares and reviews various reports, highlighting variances in the data for project management review.
- Provides data entry to support ensuring accurate tracking of project deliverables.
- Provides status reports to project managers and other key personnel as requested, communicating project issues prior to reaching critical status.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of reports.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Develops, maintains and continuously monitors accurate and complete files for projects.
- Updates necessary internal and external tracking system(s) and databases daily to ensure that project status reporting is current and accurate.
- Works with accounting team and others on subcontractor invoice payment.
- Creates and distributes internal and external correspondence.
- Communicates status of assigned tasks to manager as well as team members and other departments as needed.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity and confidentiality when communicating with the internal team members, external customers and subcontractors.
- Provides additional administrative support as required.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. An Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant billing experience is required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications—with heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Experience with an ERP Accounting System (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics SL) is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Strong numerical aptitude, with problem solving and analytical capabilities, is desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven office environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts is required.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy is required.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple responsibilities and meet all deadlines is required.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties.
- Desired candidates should be flexible self-starters who enjoy a dynamic team atmosphere and are able to work with and take direction from multiple levels of professional staff with different personalities and professional styles.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
HOW TO APPLY
In Person or by Mail. Complete an employment application. Include a copy of your resume and deliver to one of our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Houston.
Online. Fill out and submit this online application. Upload your resume with the application.